Anointing of the Sick
The Effects of the Anointing of the Sick
1. Joins the sick person to the passion of Christ
2. Gives power, peace, and courage to endure suffering
3. Forgives sins
4. May restore health
5. Prepares for the passage to eternal life
The Recipient of the Anointing of the Sick
1. Those whose health is seriously impaired by sickness or old age
2. Those about to undergo surgery because of serious illness
3. Those who are elderly and weakened by age, even if there is no serious illness
4. Sick children who are mature enough to be comforted by it.
If you have questions or are in need of the Sacrament of the Sick, please contact Sr. Elizabeth Ann at (417)-831-3565 ext. 103 or Fr. Joseph Stoverink at (417)-831-3565 ext. 104 at the parish offices.